Things We Do With Office Binders:
Birdhouses constructed from school binders are not only the easiest way to creatively reuse a typical classroom supply but also an enriching project that can be integrated into Science and ELA studies!
You will need:
- Office binder (preferably one with 2” rings)
- Colored packing tape or duct tape
- Leftover cardboard or foamcore scrap
- Construction paper, colored paper scraps
- Leaves and twigs for the nest
- Ribbon to hang
- Utility knife
- With a utility knife, score about a third of your office binder straight across.
- Tape folded flaps together, making the “floor” of your birdhouse. The rings will be where the birds can perch!
- Decorate your birdhouse with colored scrap! You can use varying shapes to make different patterns…
- …or to make your own unique house!
- To make the roof of your birdhouse, fold cardboard or foamcore scrap and use paper scrap or color packing tape for added color.
- Cut about an arm’s length of ribbon and tie through the rings of the binder.
- Hang your birdhouse!